A 13-year-old middle school student from California was arrested on Friday for bringing fentanyl to school and causing a school supervisor to overdose.
Chipman Junior High School called the police reporting a student in possession of around 150 fentanyl pills disguised as Percocet at around 9:05 a.m. local time.
The drugs were discovered after school staff conducted a search on the student due to an unrelated incident with another student. The school supervisor discovered the pills, and inadvertently overdosed, reported the Bakersfield Police Department.
While the supervisor did not ingest the drugs, he was exposed to the drug through an “inhalation hazard” after he opened the pill bottle.
A Kern High School police officer administered Narcan to the supervisor, who was transported to a local hospital. He is in stable condition, according to Fox News.
The 13-year-old student was charged with possession of controlled substances for the purpose of sale. He was taken to a juvenile hall.
The police also found $300 on the student, however, they could not immediately say if the money was related to any sale of the fentanyl pills.